BlueHornet Networks Releases Research Report that Reveals Consumers’ Views of Email Marketing
Surveys more than 1,000 U.S. residents to help marketers focus on the consumer
SAN DIEGO – Apr. 3, 2012 – BlueHornet Networks, Inc., a leading enterprise email service provider, has released the report Consumer Views of Email Marketing that features results from a survey of more than 1,000 U.S. residents. The survey asked participants a series of questions to capture their perception and understanding of common email marketing techniques and practices. From their responses, the research report outlines consumers’ receptivity to marketers’ acquisition practices as well as consumers’ social media posting activities, subscription preferences, email usage and purchase behavior.
“We conducted this report to provide email marketers with a better understanding of what consumers want to gain from the emails they subscribe to and read,” said Gerry Widmer, general manager of BlueHornet. “There’s plenty of industry data focused on marketers’ digital strategies, but there is very little insight into the thoughts and actions of those who receive the messages. We decided to go straight to email recipients to learn what they know about the marketing tactics used to gain their attention, what they think about these actions and how they respond to the emails.”
The research report explores five key areas of email marketing, including:
- • Why consumers sign up to receive marketing emails;
- • What consumer expectations are after they’ve signed up for emails;
- • How consumers interact with email on their mobile device(s);
- • Why consumers unsubscribe from emails; and
- • What marketers can do to keep consumers from unsubscribing from their emails.
The report is supported by video interviews as well as an interactive digital infographic. To view the full report and supporting materials, visit http://bh.bluehornet.com/reveal
About BlueHornet Networks, Inc.
BlueHornet Networks, Inc. specializes in helping marketers create highly targeted email programs that evolve through the customer lifecycle. The company’s lifecycle messaging tools and strategies deliver the value, flexibility and strength brands need to drive sales online and in stores. BlueHornet’s email solutions are designed to be used in conjunction with emerging marketing technologies, such as social media, mobile, video and product recommendations. To learn more about BlueHornet, visit http://www.bluehornet.com and follow @BlueHornetEmail on Twitter.
BlueHornet is a registered trademark of BlueHornet Networks, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Share this page:
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation: What Email Marketers Need to Know
- Gmail’s New Tabbed Inbox: An FAQ
- Creating an Effective Email Campaign - 5 Takeaways from the 2013 MarketingSherpa Email Summit
- Highlights from the 2013 Email Evolution Conference
- Selecting the Best Email Service Provider for Your Needs - Three Things to Consider
- Ten Takeaways from MMCF 2012
- Five Important Deliverability Tactics to Improve Your Holiday Email Program Results
- Recap & Photos from the 2012 Shop.org Annual Summit
- Photos and Video from 2012 Lifecycle Messaging Conference at Globalocity
- 2012 Lifecycle Messaging Conference at Globalocity
- Browse All Articles